Mycorrhiza is a beneficial soil fungi. It symbiotically associates with the plant root zone (rhizosphere) with its large network of hyphae, thus effectively increasing the surface area for water & nutrient absorption by plants. The hyphae directly deliver water & plant-available nutrients to the plant roots in exchange for carbohydrates from the plants in the form of root exudates.
- Enhanced water uptake (larger surface area reach) à Drought resistance + water savings
- Enhanced nutrient uptake, especially P à Reduced need for chemical fertilizers by 50%
- Improved soil structure due to the secretion of “GLOMALIN” that aggregates the soil. This creates a micro-environment for the conversion of unavailable plant nutrients to an available form not just by the Mycorrhiza but also by other beneficial soil biology such as bacteria, nematodes, protozoa, etc.
- Improved plant health & immunity due to improved nutrient uptake and mycorrhizal plant protective secretions
How is Zytonic-M different than other Mycorrhiza biofertilizers?
Apart from the biofertilizer component (mycorrhiza), Zytonic-M also helps improve soil porosity, structure and water holding capacity. This creates an optimal environment for different types of beneficial soil biology (mycorrhiza, bacteria, protozoa, nematodes, etc.) to thrive. These then actively work towards converting the unavailable plant nutrients already present in the soil to an available form, thereby leading to the following benefits:
- Reduction in chemical fertilizer requirement (15-50%)
- Improved soil porosity & softness (improved soil structure). Softer soil leads to deeper penetrating roots and better soil structure improves soil water holding capacity leading to drought resistance & water savings.
- Higher soil organic content (due to recycled soil biology, plant exudates & crop residue incorporation)
Zytonic-M’s dual functionality as a bio-fertilizer and a soil porosity enhancer is what sets it apart from conventional products available in the market. Farmers world-over have been able to add value to their farm outputs in the form of:
- Higher Yields (15-50%)
- High produce quality & shelf-life
- Reduction in irrigation (20 – 30%)
- Reduction in chemical fertilizers (50 – 100%)
- Reduction in pesticide consumption (20 – 40%)
- Improved soil softness and health
With Zydex’s bio-fertilizer alternatives to sustainable farming, crops grow to their full natural potential with high quality & bountiful yields. The much-needed sustainable farming solution is now accessible due to our biology booster technology à Zytonic-M