PCC (Plain Cement Concrete) or RCC (Reinforced Cement Concrete) are cast in parts, which leads to weakening of the concrete bonding and crack formation upon ageing. The junction of PCC or RCC structures with brick walls also has cold joints which develop cracks. This weakened concrete and plaster bonding results in the joints becoming potential leak points for water ingress.
Our new nano acrylic copolymer technology minimizes cracking & debonding by ensuring flexible polymeric membrane formation at the interface while strengthening the cold joint bonding and creating water-resistant monolithic structures.
- Provides strong molecular level reactive bonding of cold joints
- Absorbs shrinkage stresses
- Sustains thermal cycling and produces a water-resistant bonding interface
- ColdBond can be applied in concentrated or diluted form
- Apply by using brush or spray on cold joints of concrete, plaster or bricks
- Take undiluted ColdBond or dilute it with water in 1:1 ratio, depending on the need
- Spray or brush-apply on the old cast before constructing the new structure
- Can also be used for repairs for improved bonding
- 4 – 4.5 m² (40-45 ft²) per liter for undiluted ColdBond
- 8 – 9 m² (80-90 ft²) per liter @ 1:1 dilution
(May vary depending upon surface roughness)